If you’re looking for ideas, inspiration and information on fundraising, you've come to the right place! To get you started, we've put together a menu of suggestions. For further advice and guidance, please email the League’s dedicated fundraising team or telephone: 01483 524 250.
Barbecue - have a barbecue for friends and family, and charge for the privilege of dining with you.
Treasure hunt - organise a treasure hunt in your community. Try to get the prizes donated and charge everyone to take part.
Car boot/jumble sale - you never know how much those things stored in your attic or garage are worth! Get started on that clear-out you've been meaning to have for ages, and donate the profits to the League.
Raffles and tombolas - these are easy to organise and good fundraisers.
Cake stalls - bake a cake and sell it!
Street collections - fundraise for the League and promote our campaigns. Make sure you have permission from the local council to do this.
Holiday auction - ask your boss to donate a couple of days' holiday and then auction them off to your colleagues.
Quiz night - organise an after-work quiz in a local pub or venue. You can also ask the landlord for a percentage of the takings at the bar.
Take a break - make tea for your colleagues and charge them for the service.
Sponsored activities - there are hundreds of different organised events around the country from fun runs to marathons, swims and cycles. Any physical activity can be turned into a sponsored event as long as it is a personal challenge!
Walk this way! – forget your car for a day or two and do something good for the environment. Take a walk or get on your bike and get your colleagues to sponsor you, or even join in.
Swear boxes – charge offenders for their offensive language. Paying in advance might be a good idea for those particularly stressful days!
Slimming competition – if one of your colleagues is trying to slim down, why not give them an extra incentive and sponsor them for every pound they lose.
- always a favourite with the teacher - get friends and family to sponsor you and say no more.
Sweets in the jar
- fill a jar with sweets and charge your classmates to guess how many there are. The winner keeps the sweets. Also, try to get the sweets donated in the first place.
Non Uniform Day
– ditch the school uniform and pay to go to school in casual clothes for a day. Dress down days are simple but effective events for raising funds especially if you decide on a theme.
On Your Own
Sell something – do something useful with all that junk that lurks in the darkest corners of all our homes. You don’t need it, but there’s a good chance someone will take it off your hands. Get together with family and friends and organise a car boot sale and donate the proceeds to the League.
– put on your walking boots and get outdoors for a sponsored walk. It’s a great way to raise money and good for your heart too.
- knit a mile, sell your cakes, organise a charity football match, swim or cycle further than you’ve been before or dance the night away – whatever your passion or hobby you can turn it into a fundraising event!
If you’re a member of a group or association then get them involved and you could turn your idea into a really big event:
- Hold a ball or charity dinner
- Organise a concert
- Arrange a charity auction
- Have a golf day