Statement of intent
From time to time we may work in partnership with other organisations on a campaign and so you may receive joint communications from the League and the partnership organisation(s).
The information you give us will be stored on a database and may be used by us where appropriate. This data helps us to know what incentives, appeals and actions are working well and which are not so strong - and informs future activity across the organisation, helping the League to be more effective in combating animal welfare abuses.
Submitting personal information
When you supply any personal information to the League, the League has legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998:
- We must collect the information fairly.
- We must let you know how we will use it.
- We will not supply your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged by law to do so. Please note that if you provide information so we can deliver services or goods that you have requested, we will pass this information to our fulfilment chain solely to allow them to deliver the goods and services you have requested.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use any service that you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or you inform us that you no longer wish to receive the service in question.
- We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Users under 18
If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to this site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.